FEP Fahrzeugelektrik Pirna (FEP) develops, produces and sells specialist electric plugs, connectors, Switches and plastic housings for the automotive industry. The company was founded in 1949 in Pirna, near Dresden, and became an important supplier for connectors ans switches during the era of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany). Following its privatisation in 1992, with its product range, customer Focus and international reach, FEP became a leading supplier to the automotive industry. FEP's success was build on high levels of innovation, product quality and deliverability as well as its efficient production processes.
In December 2006 Steadfast Capital acquired a majority stake in FEP in a secondary MBO. The transaction structure enabled FEP Managers to increase their shareholding and therefore provide them with an increased participation in the company's success.
During the investment period Steadfast Capital worked closely with the company and encouraged management to continue its growth strategy and, amongst other things, supported the:
Im November 2011 Steadfast Capital sold its shares to the American Amphenol Group, a global manufacturer of connectors.